Saturday, September 10, 2016


OMG! The internet training for journalism lecturers here at SAUT has been a wakeup call for me. I had since forgotten the adrenaline rush to write a good story which involved a little bit of research. The luxury of reading other people’s work, marking, criticizing and grading creates a fallacy of one’s ability. I am gridding my teeth to say this but I have to for the truth shall set me free. I actually thought that I was well furnished on the internet searching skills only for Piek Johansson to ask “find the highest UEFA Champion League scorer 2016?” and to my dismay I couldn’t…Lol! Maybe it because I have no interest in sport. This was not the end, we were told to find the fourth highest mountain in Tanzania. Alas! I could not find but I managed to open up more than ten tabs on my window ‘choosing the right search words’ is paramount in obtaining correct information and avoiding a junk of irrelevant materials. Today is  Saturday 10th September, 2016 the four-days training is coming to an end, how I wish it could continue for a month since I have discovered that I still have so much to learn. Nonetheless, just to mention a few; I have learned to open up a blog, how to link information and be able to follow links provided by other publishers in order to obtain factual and specific information. I cannot thank enough the Vikes – The Finnish Foundation for Media and Development in collaboration with Media Institute of Southern Africa (MISA) for sponsoring and facilitating the training. 

No comments:

Post a Comment